Google+ Followers

Monday, February 3, 2014

daikon pickles in ziplog bag

 
                  
                                every once in a while, i receive hometown grown veges
                                from my parents.  last night, i had a big box full of
                                potatoes, orange, daikon, pumpkins, all from my
                                parents farm. 
                                this ordinary looking daikon was lightly purple inside,
                               when i added umami vinegar, sliced daikon immediately
                               turned pink like this.  this time, i learned that using
                               ziplong bags instead of glass jar saves using too
                               much vinegar.  pickles are ready in two hours. 
                               
 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I have always wanted to know what to do with a daikon. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colour!

    My hubby make each night some cutted veggies with vinegar and oil. I bought him Japanese vinegar, coz it is such a great thing - just subtle sour. :-)

    Enjoy your meal, dear coco.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Coco--this is a great idea. I plan to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete