Google+ Followers

Saturday, May 31, 2014

summer favorite: red perilla juice

if you like to try
red perilla juice to boost your energy during summer
 
recipe:
red perilla: 300g
water :1000ml
sugar: 300-500g (depending on how sweet you like)
vinegar: 200-250ml
 
1.  rinse perilla carefully, then boil water
2.  add perilla in boiling water and let it simmer for 5min on low heat
3.  remove perilla leaves
4.  add sugar
5.  just before you turn off the gas, add vinegar
let this cool down and you can delute this with either water or
sugar free soda(becasue perilla juice is already sweet enough).
put some ice cubes and garnish with mint leaf
 
 
 
 

i could't resist with the beautiful color.
i made some jello today.
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I have never had this. I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know perilla.

    Looks beautiful by colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go and look perilla up since I have never heard of it. I've never
    had it either, but will be keeping my eye out to see if I can find it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if there is asian market near by, they
      may have it.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for giving us the recipe; I am going to the Chinese market after church this morning to see if they have some. I remember it being quite green, though, not red! I will have a look........ Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coco; I made some perilla juice, but I was only able to get green perilla, and it was from Viet Nam: I think might have been a different variety of mint? Anyway, it was nice, but not the beautiful red color, of course. I think the red would make a great dye for wool yarn. Cheers Fran

    ReplyDelete