Google+ Followers

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

first harvest: bitter melon salad pickle

 
i was able to harvest my very first bitter melon this
afternoon and made salad pickle(pickle salad) with it.
 
recipe:
cabbage, bitter melon, carrot, cucumber
all slice very thin,
sprinkle bit of salt and let it sit for 10-15 minutes
add vinegar & sugar
chill in the refrigerator for about 2hrs
  
 
 
i thought my oregano never flowers...
but finally blooming this year.  this means,
i can probably collect the seed! 



 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. bitter melon looks so weird.
    like a melted candle.
    i don't think we have this kind here.
    you salad has very pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe, Coco; I didn't know how to cook bitter melon. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had bitter melon before. It looks very pretty. I am assuming that it's taste is bitter!?!? :0)

    ReplyDelete